Academic Affairs Committee
The Academic Affairs Committee monitors policies and procedures related to the qualitative aspects of student performance and initiates items related to course and curriculum changes, and degree and program offerings.
- Brad Burenheide, Chair (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Paul Burden (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Susan Yelich Biniecki (Educational Leadership)
- Jessica Holloway-Libell (Educational Leadership)
- Warren White (Special Education, Counseling, and Student Affairs)
- Jim Teagarden (Special Education, Counseling, Student Affairs)
- Diane Murphy (Student and Professional Services)
Meeting Dates for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at 8:30 a.m.
|Fall 2017||Spring 2018|
|September 7, 2017||February 1, 2018|
|October 5, 2017||March 1, 2018|
|November 2, 2017||April 5, 2018|
|December 7, 2017 (if needed)||May 3, 2018|
- Program Coordinating Committee
- Academic Review Committee
Reviews all appeals from students requesting reinstatement after dismissal from teacher education for academic reasons and hears appeals from students regarding special considerations for exceptions to stated standards and rules.
- Unit Assessment Subcommittee
Course and Curriculum Proposals
College of Education Course and Curriculum proposals are submitted to the Academic Affairs Committee Chair one week in advance of the monthly meeting. Forms can be downloaded from the Registrar's Office Course and Curriculum Approval webpage. Note: For all new undergraduate and graduate courses, a completed syllabus checklist with department chair signature is to be included with the course proposal materials.